Host of Cutthroat Kitchen, Good Eats, and Iron Chef America, Alton Brown will be speaking and signing his new book, EveryDayCook.
My name is Alton Brown and I wrote this book. It’s my first in a few years because I’ve been busy with television projects such as Good Eats and Iron Chef America and Cutthroat Kitchen. When I haven’t been hosting or producing, I’ve been developing digital media projects and touring my live stage shows and collecting awards. My publisher made me say that last part. But then I started thinking that I wanted to do something personal. And that’s what EveryDayCook is. This is the food I cook and eat on a day-to-day basis, from morning to late at night and everywhere in-between. There’s still plenty of science and hopefully some humor here (my agent says that’s my “wheelhouse”), but unlike with my other books, a lot of attention went into the photos, which were actually taken with my iPhone (take that, Instagram) and are suitable for framing. As for the recipes, which are arranged by time of day, they’re mighty tasty. Highlights include
• Morning: Buttermilk Lassi, Overnight Coconut Oats, Nitrous Pancakes
• Coffee Break: Cold Brew Coffee, Lacquered Bacon, Seedy Date Bars
• Noon: Smoky the Meat Loaf, Grilled Cheese Grilled Sandwich, “EnchiLasagna” or “Lasagnalada”
• Afternoon: Green Grape Cobbler, Crispy Chickpeas, Savory Greek Yogurt Dip
• Evening: Bad Day Bitter Martini, Mussels-O-Miso, Garam Masalmon Steaks
• Anytime: The General’s Fried Chicken, Roasted Chile Salsa, Peach Punch Pops
• Later: Cider House Fondue, Open Sesame Noodles, Chocapocalypse Cookie
So let’s review: 101 recipes with mouthwatering photos, a plethora of useful insights on methods, tools, and ingredients all written by an “award-winning and influential educator and tastemaker.” That last part is from the PR office. Real people don’t talk like that.
All books signed at Book Revue events must be
purchased at Book Revue. If you purchase the book prior to the
event please save your Book Revue receipt. If you have purchased the book from somewhere else you can still get your book signed, we just ask that you make a purchase in our store of equal or greater value to that of the book.